If you’re wondering what sets the Graco 4Ever All-In-One Car Seat apart from its competition as well as how it performs as a 4-in-1 convertible car seat read on for our detailed review.
Parents and families often comment on how when searching for a car seat for their child they are looking for a car seat that is above all, safe and secure.
However, we know that there are a number of additional factors that influence the decision-making process when it comes to your child’s car seat.
These factors include durability, versatility, comfort, practicality and value for money.
If you’re asking how the Graco 4Ever All-In-One Car Seat measures up when considering these factors, we have compiled a quick summary for you:
- One of the highest-rated products within the car seat market.
- 4 different seating modes including rear-facing, forward-facing, highback booster and backless booster.
- For stress-free and secure installation, this car seat includes a unique latch attachment system.
- Tested and surpassed US safety standards and crash tests.
- Rated highly by parents for how easy it is to set up and install.
- 10 years of use, meaning the car seat grows with your child!
Check out what we believe is the best convertible seat here.
Graco is an American company that was founded in 1942 by Russell Gray and Robert Cone. Graco was originally a company that produced machine and car parts. However, after a number of years of comprehensive research, in 1955, Graco manufactured the first automatic baby swing.
The company then moved into producing other baby products and on an international scale has become one of the most recognised and trusted companies for car seats, strollers, high chairs and baby swings.
The Graco 4Ever All-In-One is just one of Graco’s reliable, safe and practical products but even on its own it definitely stands out amongst its competition.
What Are The Key Features of The Graco 4Ever car seat?
The many features included within the Graco 4Ever All-In-One Car Seat contribute to the overall safety and security provided to both you and your child. Here we have included a list of the Graco 4Ever’s key features and accessories:
- 4-in-1 convertible car seat, meaning you get 4 different seating modes (with different weight and height specifications), including:
- A rear-facing mode.
- A forward-facing mode.
- A highback booster.
- A backless booster.
- The 4Ever features Graco’s Simply Safe Adjust 5-point Harness System (no rethreading required!)
- Includes the exclusive InRight Latch with an easy-to-read bubble level indicator and click cue for simple and secure installation.
- 10 year expiration.
- Designed for children weighing from 4 to 120lbs.
- 6-position recline.
- 10-position headrest.
- Machine-washable seat cushion and cover.
- 2 built in cup holders.
- Built in harness storage compartment for when the seat is in the belt positioning booster mode.
- Steel reinforced frame and exterior.
You can see why this car seat is called the 4Ever All-In-One, providing you with 10 years of usage with no need to purchase multiple single-function car seats as it really does grow with your child and family.
Will The Graco 4Ever All-In-One Fit In Your Vehicle? The Specifications
- Total weight: 22.7 pounds
- Material: steel and plastic
- Seat depth: 20 inches
- Seat height: 24 inches (extends to 34 inches with the 10-position headrest)
- Seat width: 21.5 inches
While the Graco 4Ever is definitely a bit bigger and bulkier than other car seats, particularly single-function seats, this is due to the many seating modes the 4Ever includes.
This car seat will fit most standard vehicles. However, parents have noted that in small or compact vehicles front riding passengers may experience a bit of a squeeze as the 4Ever in the rear-facing mode reduces the leg room available in the front of the vehicle.
If you are planning on having more than one car seat in your vehicle, we highly recommend measuring each car seat prior to installing, especially with bigger or bulkier convertible car seats.
Like most other convertible car seats, the Graco 4Ever does not function as a portable carrier and will not fit on strollers. However, due to its simple set up and installation, parents have noted how easy it is to move the seat from one vehicle to another.
Will Your Child Fit The Graco 4Ever All-In-One Car Seat?
We’ll give you a hint, the answer is yes of course!
One of the reasons for why we are so impressed with the Graco 4Ever and why it is highly rated amongst parents and families is that this car seat grows with your child.
The Graco 4Ever is perfect for infants, toddlers and young children within a weight range of 4 to 120 lbs. With certain weight specifications for the 4 different seating modes the seat offers it is reassuring to know that many parents have commented on how easily the car seat can be altered between all four positions.
To ensure your child is comfortable, secure and safe in all of the 4 seating positions, the 4Ever can be even further adjusted with its 6-position recline and 10-position headrest. Graco’s Simply Safe Adjust Harness System also ensures a secure ride for your child.
With such a big weight range it is important to know the specific weight and size specifications for each seating mode the Graco 4Ever includes so you know exactly what you’re getting. Here we have provided the exact specifications as well as some guidelines:
- Rear-facing with harness: for children weighing 4-40lbs and the height limit is when your child’s head is 1 inch below the headrest (when it is fully extended).
- Forward-facing with harness: ideal for children weighing 22 to 65lbs and whose height is less than 49 inches. To ride in this mode your child should be at least 12 months old but it is recommended that your child is at least 2 years old.
- Highback belt-positioning booster: for toddlers or young children weighing 30-100lbs and whose height is between 38 and 57 inches. In this mode, your child should be at least 4 years old.
- Backless belt-positioning booster: for young children weighing 40-120lbs and whose height is between 40 and 57 inches. Again, it is recommended that your child be at least 4 years of age when riding in this position.
It is welcome news that the Graco 4Ever has an extended weight limit for its rear-facing mode. This allows you to follow guidelines set by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the National Highway Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Both recommend that your child should be riding in a rear-facing mode for as long as possible, up until they reach the maximum weight or height limit for the car seat. Riding in the rear-facing mode is regarded as the safest way of keeping your little one safe.
Is The Graco 4Ever All-In-One Easy Is To Setup And Install?
In the reviews for the Graco 4Ever All-In-One car seat you can find parents raving about how easy it is to set up and install in all of the seating modes it offers.
As there are different steps involved for installing the 4Ever in each of its different modes we highly recommend referring to your instruction manual to ensure you have correctly and securely installed this car seat. Parents also commented that if they struggled with a certain part of the installation process they referred to installation guides or YouTube videos created by other parents.
Parents have also noted how simple and stress free transforming between the different Graco 4Ever seating modes is. However, converting between such modes will often require you to remove the car seat from the vehicle so just be wary of this if you are in a hurry (which most parents are!).
One of the reasons why the Graco 4Ever is so simple to setup and install is due to its built in features that are designed specifically to help you with installation. This includes the following:
- Graco’s InRight LATCH system, which ensures a one-second attachment due to an audio click cue that alerts you once the car seat is secure as well as an easy-to-read level indicator.
- The Simply Safe Adjust Harness System, which allows you to adjust the harness and headrest in just one motion! This keeps your child safe and secure.
The Graco 4Ever can be installed using both the InRight LATCH system or via the seat belt. However, the 4Ever does not have a lock-off device for seat belt installations. This appears to be a common theme for Graco car seats but simply means taking extra care to ensure your car seat is properly and securely fitted when installing via the seat belt.
Something to point out, which was mentioned by a number of parents who reviewed the 4Ever was the rattling of the headrest. They noted how the higher the headrest was positioned the more it rattled, particularly when the car seat is empty. While this does not pose as a safety risk nor does it compromise your child’s safety, if you become concerned we recommend contacting Graco directly for assistance.
How Safe Is The 4Ever For Your Child?
Like parents, Graco’s first priority is your child’s safety and security and it is clear that the Graco 4Ever All-In-One has been designed to be a durable, strong and secure car seat.
- Tested to both meet and surpass US safety standards.
- The 4Ever is ProtectPlus Engineered, which means it has been tested in frontal, side, rear & rollover crashes and passed with flying colours.
- Tested within extreme car interior temperatures, meaning that high temperatures do not affect the 4Ever’s effectiveness when protecting your child in crashes.
- The 4Ever performed over two times the car seat average crash force based on the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP).
- Steel reinforced frame and exterior.
- Includes energy-absorbing foam.
It is important to note that the Graco 4Ever has been crash tested with the cup holders in place and as a result, Graco states that the cup holders must be properly installed and secured and remain in place when the car seat is in use.
Various parents and families reviewing the Graco 4Ever have shared their crash experiences. One parent was involved in a crash with a semi trailer and the car rolled over 5 times. Both their children were secured in Graco 4Ever All-In-One car seats, one child was ejected 50 ft but still strapped in the car seat and came out with a hairline fracture while the other child had a broken leg.
Other parents involved in crashes stated that their child did not even have a scratch on them. This really shows how safe the Graco 4Ever really is but remember that a car seat is only secure and safe when it is properly setup and installed.
While it is not a safety issue nor pose as a safety risk, it is important to mention that several parents have commented on the breathability of the material of the seat, which causes their little ones to sweat, particularly in the warmer months.
The Graco 4Ever All-In-One Car Seat includes a number of handy accessories that make daily life (with kids!) a bit easier, including:
- 2 integrated cup holders (removable for cleaning).
- Built in harness storage compartment.
- Machine washable cushion and cover.
However, no car seat is perfect and here we have provided a few highly rated and loved car seat accessories that will be appreciated by both parents and children:
Car shades are definitely a must have in any parent’s car and if you don’t already have some definitely click the link. These sun shades include a single-push retract button for easy rollup as well as a White Hot indicator, which turns white when your vehicle is to hot. These are a perfect addition to your child’s car seat, ensuring your child is comfortable by keeping the hot sun off them.
Amazon is filled with hundreds, even thousands of these little baby car mirrors! This mirror is easy to fit and install and provides you with a full and clear view of your child while you drive. This baby mirror fits most standard vehicles, including cars, vans SUVs and trucks. This mirror is also shatterproof, providing you with peace of mind and comes with a lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
While very similar and regarded as a specialized edition of the Graco 4Ever All-In-One, the Graco 4Ever DLX 4-in-1 Car Seat is definitely a great alternative option.
The 4Ever does not have a single cover, rather the cover is in three separate parts. This means you can remove one part at a time if need be. Comparatively, the DLX has what Graco has called a RapidRemove cover, a cover you can remove in less than a minute. Both of the 4Ever and DLX covers are machine washable.
What we believe is excellent about the DLX is it includes an integrated seat belt lock-off system. This prevents any guesswork when installing the car seat via the seat belt, ensuring a properly secure and safe fit.
While the DLX also includes 4 different seating modes, there are slightly different weight and height limits. With the highback booster the DLX has a minimum weight of 40 pounds compared to 4Ever’s 30 pound minimum. As for height, there is a minimum height of 43 inches for the DLX in the highback booster mode compared to 38 inches with the 4Ever. If you are comparing both of these car seats, we recommend reading through each seat’s weight and size specifications.
Some of the DLX’s key features include:
- 4-in-1 convertible car seat.
- Seat belt lock-off system for seat belt installation.
- RapidRemove over.
- Offered in 6 different colors.
The Good: RapidRemove cover for easy cleaning, Seat belt lock-off system, Easy to install (like the 4Ever).
The Bad: Non-portable, Car seat cover is air dry only, Difficulties in tightening straps.
The Graco 4Ever All-In-One is a car seat that does not shy away from its competition, rather it stands out as a safe, reliable, durable, comfortable and practical car seat for your family and your child. It is no wonder why the Graco 4Ever is so highly rated and one of the best selling car seats in the market.
- Can be converted into 4 different seating modes/positions.
- Tested and surpassed US safety standards and tests.
- Incredibly easy to install
- Multiple recline and headrest positions to ensure your child is comfortable and secure.
- Bulky build, particularly when in the rear-facing position.
- No lock-off feature for seat belt installation.
- The fabric material is not very breathable, which may cause sweating.
We could not find many flaws when reviewing the Graco 4Ever, which is particularly impressive considering it is a 4-in-1 convertible car seat. We highly recommend the Graco 4Ever All-In-One as it is designed to grow with your family and your child as they transition from a rear-facing or forward-facing seat to a high back booster and finally a backless booster.