If you’re after a travel system that not only prioritizes your child’s safety and comfort but also makes your life easier, the Britax B-Lively Travel System with B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat is an exceptional and well-rounded 3-wheel travel system that is highly rated amongst parents.
We know that as parents, time is scarce, so if you’re pressed for time, take a look at our quick summary of the Britax B-Lively Travel System:
- Engineered and tested to meet or exceed Federal US Safety Standards.
- It provides stability and support on all terrain.
- Conveniently designed with an extra-large storage basket to hold all your baby essentials.
- Available in 3 different colors and styles to suit all preferences.
- Includes unique features to ensure an easy transition from car seat to travel system.
Check out what we believe is the best travel system and infant car seat here.
This travel system comes from one of the most recognized, trusted, and respected baby product brands on the market, Britax. Since the 1970s, Britax has been designing and manufacturing high-quality infant and child products, including car seats, strollers, high chairs, and of course travel systems.
What Are The Key Features of the Britax B-Lively Travel System?
The Britax B-Lively Travel System has a lot to offer when it comes to safety, quality, comfort, and ease of use. Here are some of its key features, which we believe are worth mentioning:
- FAA approved for use on an aircraft.
- The car seat has a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty whereas the stroller has a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- A 6-year expiration date, enabling you to pass it down through the family.
- A recline indicator that utilizes a pendulum on both sides of the base to ensure secure and safe installation.
- A 2-position crotch strap.
- The stroller features a swivel front double wheel, which provides stability and support when taking sharp turns.
- Features an extra-large storage basket with a carrying capacity of up to 10 pounds.
- The stroller seat has infinite recline positions.
- One-handed fold design, ensuring a quick transition from folded to unfolded.
- A lightweight aluminum frame, making it easily portable.
- All-wheel suspension.
- Features Britax’s SafeCell Impact Protection, which includes:
- Steel frame.
- Energy-absorbing base.
- Side-impact protection.
- A 4-position 5-point safety harness.
- The car seat clicks and secures easily onto the stroller.
- Zippered storage compartment in the back of the canopy.
- SafeCenter LATCH system, which features center-pull straps and push-button LATCH connectors for a simple and secure installation.
- A One-Touch parking brake.
- An extra-large canopy that offers SPF 50+ sun protection with a mesh see-through window so you can keep an eye on your little one.
Will The Britax B-Lively Travel System Fit In Your Vehicle? The Specifications
When it comes to the specifications of a travel system, it is best to consider the measurements of both the stroller and the infant car seat in order to ensure that the stroller fits comfortably in your vehicle’s trunk while the car seat can be installed correctly in your backseat. Below we have set out the exact specifications for both components of this travel system:
Britax B-Safe 35 car seat:
- Carrier/Seat weight: 10 pounds.
- Base weight: 20 pounds.
- Base width: 14 inches.
- Carrier width: 18 inches.
- Overall length: 26 inches.
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Unfolded: 40″ L x 24″ W x 39.5″ H
- Folded: 29″ L x 23″ W x 10″ H
The B-Safe 35 infant car seat has a contoured and sleek shell, meaning it will take up minimal space in vehicles, even small or compact vehicles. However, it is not exactly lightweight so it may not be ideal for families who plan on regularly transferring the infant car seat between vehicles.
The B-Lively stroller is designed to be as compact as possible and parents have confirmed that it even fits in small or compact trunks. Thanks to its one-hand fold system the transition from folded to unfolded is simple and quick.
Will Your Child Fit Britax B-Lively Travel System?
The Britax B-Lively Travel System comfortably and securely accommodates infants, toddlers, and young children up to 55 pounds, whereas the B-Safe 35 infant car seat is suitable for infants weighing between 4 and 35-pounds and up to 32 inches in height.
Newborns must ride in the B-Safe 35 infant car seat while in the B-Lively stroller, however, once your child is able to sit upright unsupported, they can ride in the stroller without the car seat.
The B-Safe 35 infant car seat is adjustable, allowing you to customize the fit of the seat for your child. These adjustable features include a 4-position 5-point harness and a 2-position crotch strap so your child will always ride in comfort. It is important to note that the harness cannot be adjusted while your child is in the seat as the straps must be adjusted from the back of the carrier.
This infant car seat is also suitable for smaller infants, including premature babies thanks to its removable newborn baby insert to ensure your child is secure and comfortable.
Some parents reported that children higher on the size charts grew out of the car seat height limit before reaching the weight limit. Children may also experience some difficulty as they grow in terms of fitting in the deep and narrow cradle of the infant car seat. If this causes discomfort for your growing child, you may have to look for a new infant car seat earlier than expected.
Is The Britax B-Lively Travel System Is To Setup And Install?
Easy installation is essential when it comes to safety and security as there is a greater chance of misuse when a stroller or car seat is difficult to set up and install. Luckily, parents reported that the B-Lively travel system was easy to setup and install, particularly thanks to the Click & Go system that allows you to easily connect the B-Safe 35 infant car seat to the B-Lively stroller as well as the one-hand fold system ensuring a simple transition from folded to unfolded.
Parents found that the B-Lively stroller was easy to maneuver overall with the aid of the swiveling front wheels and the 4-wheel superior suspension. However, the braking system is a bit difficult to work with, while you have to press it down to engage the braking mechanism, you also have to lift up with your foot to disengage.
In terms of storage, the B-Lively stroller offers an extra-large storage basket with a front access panel as well as a zippered pocket where you can store small items such as keys or a phone. Unfortunately, the stroller does not have a cup holder or snack tray, which many other strollers offer.
When it comes to the B-Safe 35 infant car seat, there are a few features to assist with seamless setup and installation, including:
- Safe Center LATCH system, which includes center-pull straps and built-in seat belt lock-offs.
- Spring-assisted recline and level indicators to ensure the correct angle.
If you want to use the Britax B-Safe 35 infant car seat with other Britax strollers, the infant car seat is compatible with all Britax single strollers with the built-in adapters. It is also compatible with BOB single and dual strollers with adapters that can be purchased separately.
How Safe Is The Britax B-Lively Travel System For Your Child?
Britax has a reputation for designing and manufacturing safe and sturdy baby products that exceed federal US safety standards and the Britax B-Lively travel system is no exception.
The B-Safe 35 infant car seat surrounds your child in safety and protection with its SafeCell Impact Protection System, which includes the following world-class safety features:
- Energy-absorbing steel base.
- Side impact protection.
- Impact-resistant foam that lines the carrier.
- Large canopy for protection from UV rays.
- Steel frame.
Other safety features include an extra-padded 5-point harness, the SafeCenter LATCH system, and built-in seat belt lock-offs, all to keep your little one snug and secure. The B-Safe 35 car seat is also FAA approved for use on an aircraft, meaning it is ideal for families on the go and families that travel regularly.
Unfortunately, no travel system is perfect and there are a few potential safety issues. One of these is that the material of both the car seat and the stroller is not breathable and this may cause issues for those who live in warmer climates. To combat this, Britax has advised parents to remove the head and shoulder pads to reduce sweating, however, we recommend keeping an eye out for overheating.
Another issue that some parents reported was the chest clip breaking on their model. If you experience any quality control issues with your Britax B-Safe 35 please contact Britax immediately for a replacement and do not use until resolved.
Parents noted that one downfall of the Britax B-Lively Travel System was that there were no cup holders, a necessity for parents on the go. This stroller organizer solves that issue with 2 insulated cup holders to store drinks and baby bottles.
This organizer also includes a large center storage compartment with silent magnetic closure for snacks, toys, or diapers as well as 3 smaller outer pockets for keys or a phone. The organizer fastens onto the stroller handles with adjustable straps and can be collapsed for easy storage. It is also compatible with all Britax strollers.
Child trays are incredibly useful accessories, particularly if you are taking your child on a long walk or a day out in the park. This tray features a central cup holder as well as a flat surface for food, drinks, and toys.
The tray is conveniently designed as you can simply release it either side to swing the tray out of the way so you can get your child in and out with ease. It is compatible with single B-Lively strollers only.
When it comes to alternatives to the highly-rated Britax B-Lively Travel System, we have decided to take a closer look at the Baby Trend EZ Ride 5 Travel System, which is a more affordable option that still delivers when it comes to safety, convenience, comfort, and ease of use.
The Baby Trend EZ Ride 5 Travel System includes the Baby Trend Flex Loc infant car seat with an EZ Flex-Loc stay-in-car base and there are 6 color combinations to choose from, including ‘Hounds Tooth’, ‘Paisley’, and ‘Hello Kitty Expressions’.
The car seat has a weight range of 5-30 pounds and a height limit of 30 inches or less.
Here are some of its key features:
- Multi-position reclining seat.
- Features large soft head support for both the car seat and stroller.
- 3-wheel stroller, which provides superior maneuverability.
- Features a swing-away child tray with built-in snack and cup holders.
- Includes a triangular carrier handle that is ergonomically designed and also height adjustable.
- A covered parent tray.
- Easy one-hand fold.
- Includes a large storage basket.
The Good: Affordable, slim and lightweight frame, and includes both child and parent trays.
The Bad: Non-breathable material, difficulty in folding and unfolding, and not enough shock absorption.
The Britax B-Lively Travel System with the B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat is a great choice for families who are after a safe, secure, and comfortable travel system that is designed to be both convenient and stylish. However, it is important to keep in mind that this travel system comes with a higher price tag and may not suit all family budgets. Your child may also grow out of the infant car seat quicker than expected, forcing you to look at purchasing another car seat.
To sum up our review, here are our pros and cons: